Monday, March 7, 2022

Ramp Closure - Laburnum Avenue to I-64 West closing for Bridge Project

 

RAMP FROM LABURNUM AVENUE (ROUTE 197) TO I-64 WEST TO CLOSE IN CITY OF RICHMOND FOR BRIDGE REHABILITATION

Closure expected to last through November; drivers should follow posted detour routes

 

SOUTH CHESTERFIELD — Starting Sunday night, March 20, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the ramp from westbound Laburnum Avenue (Route 197) to I-64 west (over I-95) in Richmond for a bridge rehabilitation project.

 Weather permitting, the ramp will reopen in November 2022. During the project, drivers can access I-64 west using the following alternatives:

 N. Arthur Ashe Blvd. (Rt. 161): Take Hermitage Rd. (Rt. 161) south, continuing onto N. Arthur Ashe Blvd. to I-64 west.

 N. Hermitage Rd. (Rt. 161): Take Hermitage Rd. (Rt. 161) north to the Bryan Park I-95/I-64 interchange. Follow signs for I-64 west.

 Work started on the $4.5 million project in October 2021. Work is expected to be complete for the entire project in Spring 2023. The project includes joint replacement, deck repair, structural steel repairs, bearing rehabilitation, concrete substructure surface repairs, concrete color coating on the bridge rail, and painting of girder ends. The project will extend the service life of the bridge.

For more information about the project, visit https://www.virginiadot.org/projects/richmond/i-64-on-ramp-bridge-rehab-over-i-95-in-richmond.asp.

 

Questions:

CONTACT:

Kyle Gibson

Media inquiries 804-586-4455

 

 

vdotrva@vdot.virginia.gov