Friday, March 18, 2022

Closure: Maury Street Interchange to Affect Local, I-95 Access in City of Richmond

 UPCOMING MAURY STREET INTERCHANGE CLOSURE TO AFFECT LOCAL, I-95 ACCESS IN CITY OF RICHMOND

Drivers advised to use posted detour routes

RICHMOND, Va. Weather permitting, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close access to and from the Maury Street roundabout interchange and I-95 from 5 a.m. Saturday, March 26 to approximately 6 p.m. Sunday, March 27 for paving and pavement marking operations.

During work hours, drivers should expect the following closures and detour routes:

I-95 north and south Exit 73 (to Maury Street): Please use Exit 69 (Bells Road) as an alternative on/off ramp.

Maury Street will be closed between 3rd and 6th Streets. To access I-95 from Maury Street: Take 3rd Street north to Everett Street west to 6th Street east to Dinwiddie Avenue west to Commerce Road south to the ramp to I-95.

4th Street will be closed at Dinwiddie Avenue. To access I-95 from 4th Street: Take Dinwiddie Avenue west to Commerce Road south to the ramp to I-95.

In the event of inclement weather, work will be moved to 5 a.m. Saturday, April 2 to approximately 6 p.m. Sunday, April 3.

Work is part of the I-95/Maury Street Interchange Improvements project. More information about the project can be found at https://www.virginiadot.org/projects/richmond/i-95-maury_street_interchange_improvements.asp.

Anyone with questions about the project can call VDOT’s customer service center at 800-FOR-ROAD (800-367-7623).

For the latest real-time traffic information or road conditions, call 511 or visit http://www.511virginia.org.  

 

CONTACT:

Kyle Gibson 804-921-2759

Media inquiries 804-586-4455

vdotrva@vdot.virginia.gov